What is club volleyball?
Club volleyball is...
- More competitive than a league or recreational volleyball
- The primary year-round volleyball option
- The best opportunity for athletes to be seen and recruited by college volleyball coaches
- The number one way to take your volleyball game to the next level
Why should I play club with TCS Volleyball?
- TCS Volleyball players make and excel on their school teams.
- Families choose TCS Volleyball Club over other programs because of our affordability and commitment to leadership development.
- TCS Volleyball coaches focus on relationship-driven coaching.
- TCS Volleyball players are leaders in the community!
- We strive to be the best value for the money you are investing in your child.
When are club volleyball tryouts?
- Tryouts for our 2019-2020 club volleyball teams have already passed. Supplemental tryouts are Sunday, 9/29. Please note that there are limited spots available on teams. Click HERE to register.
What if I can't attend my tryout date?
- The best way to be selected to a TCS Volleyball Club team is to attend the tryout for your age division listed above. However, if you're not able to attend, email email@example.com to let us know.
- TCS Volleyball will hold supplemental tryouts if there are positions available for your age division.
When is the club volleyball season?
- Club volleyball begins after school volleyball seasons ends.
- The season runs from November - April.
- Please note that athletes must tryout and make a team to participate in the club volleyball season.
When and where do club teams practice?
- Each club team will practice twice a week for two hours each practice. There will be one practice on Sunday afternoons/evenings (typically scheduled between 3 & 7 pm) and one practice on a weeknight (typically scheduled 6:30-8:30 pm or 7-9 pm depending on the age division and facility).
- We use the following facilities for practices: Givens Recreation Center, Covenant Presbyterian Church, and more! Practice schedules will be available after all teams are set.
When and where are tournaments?
- Teams typically play in 1-2 tournaments per month (6-8 per season), depending on the age division.
- The majority of the tournaments are in the Austin area (including Round Rock, Leander, Cedar Park, Lake Travis, Georgetown, etc).
- Teams will travel to 1 Girls Junior Nationals qualifier tournament in either Houston or Dallas. Older age divisions might travel to an additional national qualifier in Texas.
- TCS Volleyball is a member of USA Volleyball and participates in USA Volleyball sanctioned tournaments. The tournament schedule will be released in early October once it is available from USA Volleyball.
How much does the club season cost?
TCS offers the most affordable rates in Austin for Regional and Semi-National Teams! As a convenience to our players and families, total season dues can be split into recurring monthly payments.
Total Season Fees:
- 10s & 11s Regional Teams - $1,750
- 12s Regional Teams - $1,900
- 13s & 14s Regional Teams - $2,100
- 15s & 16s Regional Teams - $2,160
- 15s - 17s Semi-National Teams - $2,265
TCS offers scholarships rates for athletes who receive free or reduced lunch discounts through their schools.
Total Season Fees with school lunch scholarship:
- Free lunch athletes - $350
- Reduced lunch athletes (12 and under teams) - $800
- Reduced lunch athletes (13 and older teams) - $900
To maintain the reduced season fees, athletes are required to attend 90% of practices and participate in all club-wide fundraisers.
Who are the coaches?
- All TCS Volleyball coaches have played volleyball at a high level and have experience coaching.
- Our coaches are relational in all areas of the game and are trained in not only volleyball skills but also valuable life skills.
- All of our coaches are background-checked and hold safety as their number one priority.
How do I register for Club tryouts?
What age group am I in (2019-2020 season)?
- 11 & UNDERS: If born Sept. 2008 - Aug. 2009
- 12 & UNDERS: If born Sept. 2007 - Aug. 2008
- 13 & UNDERS: If born Sept. 2006 - Aug. 2007
- 14 & UNDERS: If born Sept. 2005 - Aug. 2006
- 15 & UNDERS: If born Sept. 2004 - Aug. 2005
- 16 & UNDERS: If born Sept. 2003 - Aug. 2004
- 17 & UNDERS: If born Sept. 2002 - Aug. 2003
What do I bring to tryouts?
- Players should wear volleyball attire including a t-shirt, shorts, athletic shoes, and knee pads if available. Players should bring a water bottle.
- A parent or legal guardian.
- Completed waivers (we will have copies on-site if needed)
- Be prepared to pay a season deposit if selected to a team.
- Players and parents should arrive 30-60 minutes prior to the scheduled start of tryouts to complete the check-in process.
What is involved in the tryout process?
- Players will be evaluated in physical strength and agility, individual volleyball skills, positional competitiveness, and game-play.
- TCS Volleyball values players that have positive attitudes, coachability, and leadership skills - these intangibles will also be taken into consideration during tryouts.
When will I know if I made a team?
- Players will be notified of their status at the end of tryouts. Any players that our coaching staff is undecided on may be asked to return for a supplemental tryout.
- Players that are not offered a position on a team after the initial tryout may be placed on an alternate status. This may occur if we don’t have the number of players to fill an additional team or maybe too many of a particular position on a team.
- If necessary, we will hold a supplemental tryout at some point after our initial tryout date to fill open positions in an effort to place an alternate on a team. If your daughter is an alternate, she might be asked to attend a supplemental tryout.
How do I confirm my spot on a team?
- A player’s position on a team will be confirmed with their initial non-refundable deposit payment. The deposit must be made at tryouts.
Do I qualify for scholarship/financial aid?
- Athletes who receive free or reduced lunch discounts through their schools qualify for discounted player dues with a valid and current school certificate/letter.
- Additional scholarships are awarded on a need basis if TCS has funds available in their scholarship fund.
How can I apply for additional financial aid?
- After being selected to a TCS Volleyball 2019-2020 Club team, you can apply for additional financial aid HERE.