What is club volleyball?
Club volleyball is...
- Significantly more competitive than a league or recreational volleyball
- The primary year-round volleyball option
- The best opportunity for athletes to be seen and recruited by college volleyball coaches
- The number one way to take your volleyball game to the next level
Why should I play club with TCS Volleyball?
- Families choose TCS Volleyball Club over other programs because of our commitment to excellence, diversity, and affordability.
- TCS Volleyball coaches focus on relationship-driven coaching.
- TCS Volleyball players are leaders in the community!
- TCS Volleyball players make and excel on their school teams.
- We strive to be the best value for the money you are investing in your child.
TCS Volleyball offers National, Regional, and Local teams. View our team level breakdown here.
When are club volleyball tryouts?
- Tryouts for the 2021-2022 season begin in July. View tryout dates can be found here.
What if I can't attend my tryout date?
- The best way to be selected for a TCS Volleyball Club team is to attend the tryout for your age division listed above. However, if you're not able to attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- TCS Volleyball will hold supplemental tryouts if there are still positions available after the scheduled tryout for each age division.
When is the club volleyball season?
- Tryouts begin in July.
- The season runs from November - April/May (after the school volleyball season ends)
- Please note that athletes must try out and be selected for a team to participate in the club volleyball season.
When and where do club teams practice?
- 15s-18s teams will practice in the Pflugerville/Round Rock area.
- 12s-14s team will practice in Central or East Austin.
- We use the following facilities for practices: Givens Recreation Center, Covenant Presbyterian Church, Round Rock Sports Center, and more! Practice schedules will be available after all teams are set.
When and where are tournaments?
Tournament locations vary by the Team Level. TCS Volleyball offers National, Regional, and Local teams. View our team level breakdown here. The majority of tournaments are scheduled on Saturdays or Sundays. National qualifiers are usually 3 day tournaments and will be scheduled Fri-Sun or Sun-Mon.
How much does the club season cost?
TCS Volleyball offers the most affordable rates in Austin for Regional and National Teams! As a convenience to our players and families, total season dues can be split into recurring monthly payments.
TCS Volleyball 2020-2021 Player Dues Schedule
TCS offers scholarships rates for athletes who receive free or reduced lunch discounts through their schools.
To maintain the reduced season fees, athletes are required to attend 90% of practices and participate in all club-wide fundraisers.
Who are the coaches?
- All TCS Volleyball coaches have played volleyball at a high level and have experience coaching.
- Our coaches are relational in all areas of the game and are trained in not only volleyball skills but also valuable life skills.
- All of our coaches are background-checked and hold safety as their number one priority.
How do I register for Club tryouts?
- Click here to register now.
How do I know what age division to register for?
Age divisions are determined by the athlete's age on July 1, 2021.
***USA Volleyball changed the age divisions for the 2020-2021 Club Season as of July 1st. Athletes might be in a different age division than in previous years.
18s: Players born between July - Dec 2001 & Jan - June 2003
17s: Players born between July - Dec 2003 & Jan - June 2004
16s: Players born between July - Dec 2004 & Jan - June 2005
15s: Players born between July - Dec 2005 & Jan - June 2006
14s: Players born between July - Dec 2006 & Jan - June 2007
13s: Players born between July - Dec 2007 & Jan - June 2008
12s: Players born between July - Dec 2008 & Jan - June 2009
11s: Players born after July 1, 2009
What do I bring to tryouts?
- Players should wear volleyball attire including a t-shirt, shorts, athletic shoes, and knee pads if available. Players should bring a water bottle.
- A parent or legal guardian.
- Completed waivers (we will have copies on-site if needed)
- Be prepared to pay the season deposit if selected to a team.
- Players and parents should arrive 30-60 minutes prior to the scheduled start of tryouts to complete the check-in process.
What is involved in the tryout process?
- Players will be evaluated in physical strength and agility, individual volleyball skills, positional competitiveness, and game-play.
- TCS Volleyball values players that have positive attitudes, coachability, and leadership skills - these intangibles will also be taken into consideration during tryouts.
When will I know if I made a team?
- Players will be notified of their status at the end of tryouts. Any players that our coaching staff is undecided on may be asked to return for a supplemental tryout.
- Players that are not offered a position on a team after the initial tryout may be placed on an alternate status. This may occur if we don’t have the number of players to fill an additional team or maybe too many of a particular position on a team.
- If necessary, we will hold a supplemental tryout at some point after our initial tryout date to fill open positions in an effort to place an alternate on a team. If your daughter is an alternate, she might be asked to attend a supplemental tryout.
How do I confirm my spot on a team?
- A player’s position on a team will be confirmed with their initial non-refundable deposit payment. The deposit must be made at tryouts.
Do I qualify for a scholarship/financial aid?
- Athletes who receive free or reduced lunch discounts through their schools qualify for discounted player dues with a valid and current school certificate/letter.
- Parents/Athletes must complete this Scholarship Application to be eligible to receive the reduced lunch discounted player dues.
- Additional scholarships are awarded on a need basis if TCS has funds available in their scholarship fund.
How can I apply for additional financial aid?
- After being selected to a TCS Volleyball 2020-21 Club team, you can apply for additional financial aid HERE.